Hi there! It’s almost Christmas and I wanted to share a few last thoughts about my pregnancy with you all. But first here is one of my favorite pics from my maternity photo shoot which I was initially hesitant about but I’m glad I went through with it.
5. Christmas shopping and holiday parties were not as much fun as they have been in the past. The people in stores don’t respect my belly and invade my personal space. I know I’m short but don’t try me because I will give you a dirty look, say something real disrespectful in my head and proceed to walk the other way. I know what you’re thinking, not you? Yep, people are crazy out here in these streets and until I get my license to carry, I’m staying away from altercations as much as possible.
And holiday parties just made me angry this year. Wine flowing, shots passing, champagne bubbling while I’m sipping water wishing it was anything but. Don’t get me wrong I can enjoy myself without alcohol. However, if you know me you know I like to have at least one cocktail which is different from the old me. Because the old me over indulged at holiday parties and had to be picked up on 72nd Street in Manhattan by her best friend who was in Sheepshead bay in Brooklyn because I would have fell asleep on the train and never made it home….but you’ll have to pay me to hear the rest of that story!
And on the flip side since being pregnant and being out with friends at dinner and during the holiday season, I saved so much money not drinking alcohol that my bill at the end of the evenings has been the lowest at the table!!! WINNING because they previously were the highest, lol
4. When a woman says, “I can’t wait to meet my baby!” that’s really mommy code for “I can’t wait for this food and energy draining human to GET OUT of my body”. Need I say more?
3. Swollen hands, feet and legs are uncomfortable AF! I’m not sure what causes these body parts to be swollen at the most random times but I feel like an elephant or Sherman from the Nutty Professor when he is transforming into Buddy Love. I can’t fit into many shoes and clothes and I feel like my feet may have grown a size and ain’t nobody got time for that.
2. Being pregnant has been the most mind-blowing experience I’ve ever had. From feeling a little human moving inside of you to all of these different emotions. Some days I was all over the place. I laughed when I wanted to cry, I cried whenever I wanted to and blamed it on my hormones. I’ve had pregnancy brain and I’ve had times when I thought about all of things I plan to do with Baby J when she gets older like travel, go shopping and stalk her on social media, lol. And my excitement over the last few weeks has been higher since her arrival is near because I can’t believe that I’m actually going to be a mom soon!
1. Last but not least being a mom and a first time homeowner is going to be challenging and I may even have moments of struggle but as Tiffany Haddish says all the time, “She Ready!”
Until next time… Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!